"Pro Silesia" is an initiative of the authorities of Silesia Region that aims to expand the areas of cooperation between different sectors. It brings together entities representing business and its environment as well as regional and local governments and higher education institutions. Our main goal is to create an efficient intersectorial partnership, to develop the international activity of the associated entities and to represent and promote the interests of our members in Poland and abroad. Furthermore, the Association by its actions, supports the sustainable development of our Region.
Since November 2017 to August 2019, the Association had also taken over the mission, carried out so far, by the Regional Office of Silesia in Brussels.
Who has joined?
The following cities joined the Association: Będzin, Częstochowa, Gliwice, Katowice, Rybnik, Sosnowiec and Zawiercie, universities: University of Silesia, Silesian University of Technology, Academy of Fine Arts, University of Economics, Czestochowa University of Technology, Medical University of Silesia, University of Bielsko-Biala, University of Dąbrowa Górnicza, University of Częstochowa, as well as: Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Katowice, the Katowice Special Economic Zone Co., Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Gliwice, Chamber of Crafts and Small and Medium Businesses in Katowice, Upper Silesian Agency fot Enterpreneurship and Development.
The founding meeting of the Association took place on the 22nd March 2017. During that meeting the management board - composed by all sectors - was elected.
The role of President was entrusted to prof. Wiesław Banyś - Honorable Chairman of the Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland, Member of the Board of European University Association.
In turn, the role of vice presidents was assigned to:
- Mr. Kazimierz Karolczak - Chairman of the Council of the Upper Silesian-Zagłębie Metropolis,
- Dr Michał Gramatyka - Vice-Marshal of the Silesian Voivodeship,
- Mr. Janusz Michałek - Chairman of the Katowice Special Economic Zone,
- Mr. Arkadiusz Chęciński - Mayor of the City of Sosnowiec,
- Prof. Marek Pawełczyk – Vice Rector for Science and Development at the Silesian University of Technology,
- Mr. Tomasz Zjawiony- President of the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry.